Our Team of Experienced Specialists
Barbara Turkington has more than 30 years experience in medical sales and marketing. In 1988 she founded Medical Market Consulting to meet a medical industry need for quality market research and in-depth market planning. Her most recent corporate position was Senior Vice President of Marketing for DaVinci Scientific, a medical management company.
Barbara has held positions of increasing responsibility including:
- Vice President of Marketing for Vital Heart Systems, Inc. (cardiology instruments)
- Director of Marketing for Surgilase, Inc. (surgical lasers for gynecology and general surgery)
- Marketing Manager for Smith & Nephew Dyonics, Inc. (video, endoscopy and surgical instruments for orthopedic surgery)
- Product Manager for Warren Collins, Inc. (pulmonary devices for hospitals and physician offices)
- Pharmaceutical sales representative for Upjohn Pharmaceutical Company
She holds a Master of Science degree in biology and health from Boston University and a Bachelor of Science degree in biology and health education from University of Maryland.
Judi Bednarz brings more than 25 years’ experience in medical sales and marketing. Prior to joining Medical Market Consulting, Judi was Vice President of Marketing for Collagenesis, Inc.
Judi has held positions of increasing responsibility within the health care industry:
- Vice President, Marketing, Collagenesis, Inc., a start-up biomaterials company developing products for the dermatology and urology markets.
- Vice President, Marketing and Clinical/Regulatory Affairs, Candela Laser Corporation (cyrosurgical and laser systems for urology, oncology, plastic surgery, dermatology, cosmetic surgery and gynecology).
- Group Product Manager, Lifeline Systems, Inc. (personal emergency response system marketed to institutional markets and direct-to-consumers).
- New Business Manager, Smith & Nephew Dyonics (surgical instruments for orthopedics)
- Product Manager/National Accounts Sales Manager for Instrumentation Laboratory, Inc. (clinical laboratory products marketed to hospitals and OEM clients)
She holds an MBA in Marketing from Boston University, an MS in Biology and Genetics from Tufts University, and a BS in Biology from Northeastern University. She has received a research fellowship from the American Arthritis Foundation and a teaching fellowship from Tufts among other awards.
Carol Clark is a registered nurse who has more than 25 years’ experience in the medical device and service industries. She has a broad base of experience in sales, management, product and sales training, and clinical in-servicing. Carol has held positions with start-up companies, major manufacturers and distributors.
- Clinical Sales Specialist for Bay State Anesthesia – New England region (distributor and provider of emerging medical technologies)
- Eastern & Northeast Regional Manager for Wolfe Tory Medical/AbViser Medical (first hire with this Start-up company/innovators of first commercial intra-abdominal pressure monitoring device and atomization drug delivery devices)
- National Sales Manager for PALL Corporation/Critical Care Medical Division (provider of state of the art filtration devices)
- Regional Sales Manager for New Medico Neurological Health (representing in-patient and out-patient brain injury services)
- Distributor sales representative and Sales Manager for South Jersey Surgical (distributor of medical supplies/capital equipment to the physician market)
Carol is a registered nurse with an AAS in Applied Sciences. She has completed a Registered Nurse update course at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and a recent Contemplative End-Of-Life Care Certificate Program for Healthcare Professionals. Carol is a member emeritus of AACN (American Association of Critical Care Nurses).
Elissa Rosenthal has more than 30 years of experience in marketing research and strategy. As an independent consultant, Elissa has developed, designed and executed projects with physicians and other medical specialists including product and advertising evaluations, diagnostic techniques, disease management and treatment regimens.
Elissa has held marketing research and strategy positions in the consulting and corporate sectors:
- Senior Marketing Research Manager, Bain and Company, hospital and health care practice specialist
- Senior Marketing Research Analyst, The Gillette Company
- Research Manager, Converse Incorporated
Elissa holds a Master of Business Administration in Marketing from Syracuse University and a Bachelor of Science degree in Consumer Economics from Cornell University.
Lois Wisman brings expertise drawn from over 25 years working with corporate executives and product management to develop and execute marketing communications plans. Her graphic design and communications experience includes:
- Corporate Marketing Communications Manager at Artel Video Systems. Inc. (video transport equipment – fiber, IP, optical networks), serving Fortune 100 broadcasting companies.
- Principal/Creative Director of Wisman Cronin Creative (Serving clients in medical and laboratory products at scientific, industrial and computer companies.)
- Senior Art Director with Instrumentation Laboratory (clinical laboratory products marketed to hospitals and OEM Clients)
Lois is the Marketing Communications Expert-Onsite™ at TechSandBox, a non-profit organization whose mission is to accelerate the success of science and technology businesses. She is also the principal Marketing Communications Consultant with Wobo Marketing Communications. Lois holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in graphic design and advertising from Boston University.
Steve Wallace comes to Medical Market Consulting with more than 25 years experience in marketing communications and newspaper journalism. Prior to joining us Steve was director of marketing and corporate communications at Davox Corporation, a leading developer of Customer Relationship Management technology.
Steve has held communications positions of increasing responsibility at such companies as:
- Director of Corporate Communications for Cahners Publishing Company
- Director of Marketing Communications for Eastman Kodak Company
- Manager of Public Relations for Northeast Solar Energy Center (U.S. Department of Energy)
- Manager of Marketing Communications and Direct Marketing for Progress Software Corporation
Steve began his career in newspaper journalism and was a writer/editor for such publications as The Boston Herald, The New York Daily News, and The Miami Herald. Steve holds a Master of Science degree in Journalism from Columbia University and a Bachelor of Science degree in Liberal Arts from Northeastern University. He has won numerous creative awards for marketing collateral and video production.